The affiliation of a school with a prior board of education is required whether it is for opening a school or running a school already. The procedure to get CBSE Affiliation in India is necessary for every school in order to provide quality education. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the most preferred boards depending on the area. Associating with CBSE board of education helps us in the inner course of action and raises the academic standards.
The minimum requirement to get CBSE affiliation in India is a school in running status as the application of affiliation requires the database of students studying in the school and the teaching staff. The school also requires relevant documentation following all the guidelines and bye-laws which the authorities will approve after completing the inspection to start the process of opening a CBSE school.
Fulfilling CBSE School Affiliation Procedure is much trickier and every school those run by the government, private, unaided schools, those run by the public sector are eligible to apply for affiliation to deliver a quality education.
Applications for affiliation may be considered under the following four categories:
- Approval of middle-class syllabus
- Provisional affiliation of a secondary school
- Upgradation/provisional affiliation of a school for the senior secondary stage
- Regular affiliation to schools run by the Government/Government Aided / Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)/Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)/Central Tibetan Schools Organization (CTSO)
How to Apply for Affiliation?
What are the Required Documents?
The further step requires attesting the documents with the application form to get the affiliation.
- No Objection Certificate
- Recognition Certificate
- Registered Land Certificate
- Registration certificate of company/society/trust/foundation
- Affidavit for Non-proprietary and non-commercial nature of school
- Land Registration and /or lease document
- Fire Safety Certificate
- Health & Sanitation Certificate
- Safe drinking water
- Building Safety Certificate
- Balance sheet/ Financial Status for last three years
- Salary paid through ECS/Cheque
- Infrastructure details photographs (All labs, top view roof of a school including playground & 4 sides of boundary wall)
- Staff EPF deduction certificate (Latest EPF Challan in the name of school)
- Staff Salary Certificate
- Reserve Fund (Jointly in the name of Secretary of CBSE & School Manager/ President/ Principal)
What is the Fee Structure?
|A. Affiliation Fee in respect of Independent Schools|
|Approval of middle-class syllabus:|
|Independent schools within the country||Rs.50,000/-|
|Fresh Provisional Affiliation for Secondary Classes (Class X)|
|Independent schools within the country||Rs.1,50,000/-
Rs.1,00,000/- (If already affiliated up to Middle Class)
|Overseas Independent Schools||Rs.2,50,000/-
Rs.1,50,000/- (If already affiliated up to Middle Class)
|Composite/Switch Over from State Board to CBSE up to Secondary Level||Rs.1,50,000/-|
|Upgradation Senior Secondary level|
|Independent schools within the country||Rs.1,00,000/-
Rs.2,50000/- (If switch over from other Board)
|Overseas Independent Schools||Rs.2,00,000/-
Rs.2,50,000/- (If switch over from other Board)
|Introduction of additional subject|
|Independent schools within the country (Science Subject)||Rs. 10,000/- per subject|
|Independent schools within the country (Other Subject)||Rs. 5,000/- per subject|
|Overseas Independent Schools (Science Subject)||Rs. 50,000/- per subject|
|Overseas Independent Schools (Other Subject)||Rs. 20,000/- per subject|
|Extension of Provisional Affiliation|
|Independent schools within the country||Rs 50,000/-|
|Overseas Independent Schools||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|Late Fee||Rs.20,000/- (Rs. Twenty Thousand Only) per month
Maximum Limit of Total Late Fee Rs.1,00,000/-
|B. Affiliation Fee in respect of Govt./Aided/KVS/JNV Schools|
|Fresh Regular Affiliation of Secondary Classes||Rs.20,000/-|
|Upgradation to Senior Secondary level||Rs.20,000/-|
|Introduction of additional subject (per subject)||Rs.2,000/-|
|C. Overseas KVS Schools|
|Fresh Regular Affiliation of Secondary Classes||Rs.50,000/-|
|Upgradation to Senior Secondary level||Rs.50,000/-|
|Introduction of additional subject (per subject)||Rs.5,000/-|
|D. Fee for the conduct of Re-inspection for verification of compliance/after rejection|
|Independent schools within the country||Rs.50,000/-|
|Overseas Independent Schools||Rs.50,000/-|
|E. Restoration/Re-affiliation of disaffiliated school for violation of Examination/Affiliation Bye-Laws.|
|Independent schools within the country||Rs.4,00,000/-|
|Overseas Independent Schools||Rs.5,00,000/-|
The rates of various affiliation fees have been revised from academic Session 2019-20 onwards.
Therefore, getting a certificate is not enough, it needs to maintain the quality of education by revising and innovate the available resources to provide the quality education with required documentation for the prior procedures.
For further queries, contact us here.
What WE offers here?
Information on Affiliation Process & Timelines:
- Online Form Filling Guidelines
- Deficiency Handling
- Obtaining of NOC from State Board and its Directives
- Various CBSE Regulation details
- Guidance on the report to be filled by the CBSE Inspectors
- Norms and protocols of CBSE inspection
- Management of teachers and classes for CBSE Inspection
- Management of Teachers Salary for Inspection
- Compliance of Deficiencies after Inspection
Documentation and other readiness for Affiliation:
We will guide the management/principal/staff authorized to act for affiliation. The responsibility of the execution lies with the promoting body/school administration)
- Briefing the management and staff about statutory laws, regulations, norms and minimum standards of practices for CBSE Affiliation
- Documentation for affiliation
- Correspondence with CBSE
- Complete Guidance in preparing the staff and the management for the Inspection
- Document preparation for correspondence with the State Government for Obtaining NOC.